Innovation & Best Practice
Sharing Good Practice: Design with Nature event – 21 February 2018
This event featured examples of integrated, multi-functional urban GI design and implementation at home and abroad. It provided the opportunity for participants to network with other industry experts and share experiences and knowledge of urban GI. Presentations from the event are available on the SGP section of the SNH website.
'Green Space in the City’ conference - Essen, Germany – May 2017
As we move to the delivery phase of the Green Infrastructure project, opportunities are emerging to tell others about what we are doing, and in turn to learn from their experience. In May 2017, we were pleased to be invited to attend a major conference in Essen organised by German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (BMUB). Read more.
Innovation in Green Infrastructure Workshop - 18 August 2016
In August 2016 we held a workshop, aimed at potential Green Infrastructure Fund applicants, on the theme of innovation. The summary report reflects on the speakers, the workshop and captures some of the Tweets.
- Innovation in the Green Infrastructure Fund (Fiona Strachan)
Understanding communities and their needs
- Salutogenic environments: supporting wellbeing in deprived communities (Catharine Ward-Thompson)
- Planning for equality (Zarina Ahmad)
- Good design, access to green space, and healthy ageing (Alisdair Clements)
- Teenage Kicks (Urban Pioneers)
Ecosystems and environmental function
- The 10,000 Rain Gardens Project (Neil McLean)
- Investing in ecosystem services (Rebecca Wade)
- Considering biodiversity in green infrastructure projects (Daisy Narayanan)
More than the sum of its parts
- Green Infrastructure design for multiple benefits (Arthur Keller/Fiona Stirling)
- What does innovation look like? (Hazel White and Lynsey McIntosh)